Your favorite moment of 2007 of the O&A show.

Oct 8, 2003
Chicago, IL
Yes, it's that time again for lists and polls "of 2007".

What part of the show or lifestyle was you favorite moment of 2007?

I'm tied with two:

1) When I got on air to talk to Kevin Smith (correcting hims actually) about a Star Wars fact. And I can never thank Opie enough for taking my call.

2) Being accused on Wackbag for not unsubscribing to XM during the suspension, with the tricky filter. One of the best gags ever. Even more so, if you remember that Brother Elmo was tricked and fooled hardcore by this lil' gag. Made me laugh endlessly. Elmo rules.{name}

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
The day the suspension was handed down as far as me personally actually goes. Even though it sucked, it was amazing to see how people around here react to something like that. It was cool to see everyone band together.

On a similar note, the favorite show moment was that 1st walkover back from suspension on 6/15. I'll remember that one for a while. This being my 1st year listening to the show, the whole suspension deal obviously is something I'll remember.

Xyn

3 letters, 0 meaning
Mar 3, 2005
California
April 6th.

Imus was calling people nappy headed ho's, O&A were playing slave girl...

*sigh*

Those were the days.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Well other than the suspension offence, I liked the Cake stomping

krisko

Mrs. Fuckin Funny
Jul 29, 2005
Cupcake Capital, USA
The day the suspension was handed down as far as me personally actually goes. Even though it sucked, it was amazing to see how people around here react to something like that. It was cool to see everyone band together.

On a similar note, the favorite show moment was that 1st walkover back from suspension on 6/15. I'll remember that one for a while. This being my 1st year listening to the show, the whole suspension deal obviously is something I'll remember.
yeah, these are my two as well, or i guess more accurately, the day of the homeless charlie comments. I'd been listening since they started for free on XM and I'd been a member here for a few years but never posted until then...now i'm a lunatic.

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
jersey
patrice's first call in during the Imus controversy. the first black person in america to realize they had extra rights over speech, "and we gave it up for nappy headed ho."

and the first xm show back from suspension

T

tonystrong

Not sure if it was this year or not, but one day O&A did a comedy pyramid and other R&F bits. They played "Satellite of Love" when their show ended and when R&F came on the air, they talked about their walk over that they just did.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Being accused on Wackbag for not unsubscribing to XM during the suspension, with the tricky filter. One of the best gags ever. Even more so, if you remember that Brother Elmo was tricked and fooled hardcore by this lil' gag. Made me laugh endlessly. Elmo rules.{name}

Hook. Line. Sinker. Man, I fell for that hard. I was able to "edit" one of my replies in that thread down to a :icon_redf, but my first didn't make the 30 minute deadline.

Didn't get to participate too much live in the OA show being out here on the west coast, but I did get Anthony to read one of my Instant Feedbacks. It was during the first airing of 8-Track Pr0n when the Sigmund Freud German sound-alike was bantering with the slut. I typed in Ich Bin Ein Me So Horny and Ant read it on the air.

Ehhhh, you had to be there...:rolleyes:{name}

thrawn42

Hackmaster Jones Sr.
Jul 26, 2005
Seattle
The Imus Incident. I was driving cross country when the boys were going off on Reverend Al, Whoopie, and all those phonies. Terrible time for free speech but it was great radio. I even donated some money to Imus' charity while I was going through one of the midwestern states.

Tryaluckystrike

Feb 19, 2007
As wrong as it was (and still is) the Tammy Faye on Larry King bit may have been the funniest O&A segment I ever heard in this or any other year. Just a fucking riot from start to finish and the segment could have extended another two hours and still been hilarious.

Least favorite moment: O&A continuing to ignore each and even instant feedback I send from my cell phone. I'm the definition of a zilch!

O

Ol_GravyLeg

That day I almost had myself a big black treat after a day of christmas tree hunting in my subaru. mmmm...that would have been great!

Deadbent

You can go fuck.
Aug 19, 2005
Chicago, IL. Southside, stupid.
A few notable moments this year, but...
Gonna have to say catching the xm show live with the crew in December.

That's what Zyklon B is forrrrrrrrr.

Nov 29, 2006
FL
Well other than the suspension offence, I liked the Cake stomping
Wasn't that in 2006?

Anyway, the return to XM was a small victory to all pests and has to be the greatest moment ever for all fans.

Tryaluckystrike

Feb 19, 2007
Wasn't that in 2006?

Anyway, the return to XM was a small victory to all pests and has to be the greatest moment ever for all fans.
And one that XM shit all over by saying that "the suspension only resulted in 5,000 cancellations" (which we knew was bullshit because we had tallied over 2,000 on Wackbag alone!)

masterem243

Werewolf Movie Director
Apr 16, 2007
Staten Island
1. The unofficial Opie and Anthony Roast (when they returned to XM)
2. The Pests vs The Maxwell Show (end punt)
3. Mancow Country bit
4. Portrait of an O&A Pest
5. Rob Bartlett on the show
6. The O&A Traveling Virus 2007

CM Mark

The East is Ours!
Apr 13, 2005
Pretty Pretty Unicorn
1. The unofficial Opie and Anthony Roast (when they returned to XM)
2. The Pests vs The Maxwell Show (end punt)
3. Mancow Country bit
4. Portrait of an O&A Pest
5. Rob Bartlett on the show
6. The O&A Traveling Virus 2007
What he said. ALl great bits, save the Virus tour, which wasn't abit, but a lifestyle

jimmyjimjimz

Wackbag's version of The Miz
Aug 12, 2005
Rockaway Beach, NYC
Now that 2007 is officially over, and there's no "Shock Jock sidekick accidentally killed 200 people by making them laugh to death at a Long Island venue during a New Year's Eve comedy show- XM and CBS say shock jocks are fired" news story to worry about (I know, it wasn't my best, but I couldnt think of anything better), I can finally reveal my 2007 O&A moments.

The whole thing when that lady died during the "Hold your Wii for a Wii" contest was fuckin classic, when they went on that show (I forgot the name of it) and did that interview.

I loved that Dru Boogie "Don't Worry Be Happy" remix thing he did.

"I LIKE TO MAKE WEARWOLF MOVIES" and William with his fingernail polish.

Prize Pigs

The 30 day suspension- The fact that so many people canceled their subscription (I was one of them who didn't, because I never had a subscription) and XM saw that if they fired O&A, it woulda been bad business.

Jill Nicolini and ERock and Master Po going on "Dance Friday"

Stalker Patti Stoned?

Mick Foley feeding Sam

The fact that, after listening to the show for so long, I finally got to go to an O&A event this year. I went to the Virus Tour show at Jones Beach.

The whole Imus getting fired shit

The death of FreeFM (I just really wish they had a fat lady walking down the street singing and Paul Bearears walking down with a casket) (Linger way Longer)

The return of K-Rock (even though there's only like 2 DJ's, and they play Linkin Park at leat once every hour, I'm happy I finally got my radio station back)

ERock and Opie getting engaged (Not to each other, though)

Pat fuckin Duffy

Vos's wife, Bonnie, giving birth to a healthy baby girl (will Vos ever have a son?)

Angry Vince (or, as I like to call him, Anthony McMahon)

and, last but not least,
Everything they did with Chris Hanson