Your phone memory is full

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Fuck this is pissing me off. I can't keep enough room in my phone to do jack for more than a day. My SD card is 90% empty but the internal memory just sucks.

I've had to delete useful apps just to get on the internet.

Any thoughts on what I may be doing to kill the memory?

I have an LG Optimus V.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Fuck this is pissing me off. I can't keep enough room in my phone to do jack for more than a day. My SD card is 90% empty but the internal memory just sucks.

I've had to delete useful apps just to get on the internet.

Any thoughts on what I may be doing to kill the memory?

I have an LG Optimus V.
I have an LG Optimus V.
:action-sm

Download an app manager to move large apps to the memory card.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.seasmind.android.gmappmgr

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
Astro is a file manager, not an app manager. You need to move your apps themselves to the sd card.
Apps2SD works good but I like Link2SD. Many apps that usually don't work when on SD card work using Link2SD.

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Astro is a file manager, not an app manager. You need to move your apps themselves to the sd card.
All that it will let me move are moved. There is something accumulating a memory sink. Yesterday it was so bad I couldn't get texts...my text folder is empty.

Gemini helped a little...but it only cleans up the ram. It still says phone storage is getting low, but I have 9 mb free.

I don't know how this shit works.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
Clear your cache.

If you're rooted you can get a program to do it, but otherwise go through every one of your apps in settings (sort by largest), and clear the cache. Also for apps like Facebook clear all data. You'll have to sign in again, but Facebook is notorious for keeping too much old data on the phone.

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
After all these damn fixes I'd done I was frustrated and shut the phone completely off.

When I turned it back on, all was good. I now have 24 MB off free space.

Reboot, stupid. Fucking reboot.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
After all these damn fixes I'd done I was frustrated and shut the phone completely off.

When I turned it back on, all was good. I now have 24 MB off free space.

Reboot, stupid. Fucking reboot.
I was about to say, until you reboot after moving all those programs to the sd card, your OS is still not going to "report" your total available memory.
He's probably not rooted, so he can't use SD Maid. Clean Master will help, but ignore all the "task killer" features (which are supposed to free up RAM), They actually can do more harm than good and since pretty much Froyo are totally unnecessary.

Cunt Smasher

Caligula Jr.
Aug 26, 2005
I haven't been unrooted ever. Thought maybe one of those would help dig up files he could delete. I remember freeing up almost 10 mb of memory in my old razr flip phone, those were the days, had to do hex edits and stuff.
My screen shot was only to show off my 16gb of internal and 32gb of external, now I feel bad. :(

Dec 25, 2005
NJ
Look up super tool box on google play. Works when I used my old LG for as a back up for a week.

Get a better phone.

Cunt Smasher

Caligula Jr.
Aug 26, 2005
BINGO!

My Nexus has 32 gigs of memory and doesn't need an SD card.
Wait til you try to transfer about 15gb of music and stuff, while I pop out my sd card, and pop it into the new phone. I had a nexus, drove me nuts. My note II has quad core and 2gb of ram.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
Wait til you try to transfer about 15gb of music and stuff, while I pop out my sd card, and pop it into the new phone. I had a nexus, drove me nuts. My note II has quad core and 2gb of ram.
Transferring music is a pain. Airdroid works pretty well, or you just set it up to transfer when you go to sleep.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
Not a music geek. I don't really have alot on my phone.
Never a consideration for me.

Mikefrombx

Jan 13, 2011
Bronx
Make sure that you clear the cache for the apps specifically fb browser any social media apps

CougarHunter

Lying causes cat piss smell.
Mar 2, 2006
KC Metro
I have the same phone and go through the same thing every few months. Just clean the caches out. I only keep Opera, Gasbuddy, C:Geo, Netflix, and Flashlight on there. Plus all the bullshit that came on it that I can't get rid of. The bulk of my use of it is as an MP3 player for podcasts anyway. For $25 a month, I don't really care.