Youtube Rabbit Holes

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
WWII naval battle simulations. Last night I watched over an hour of dotted lines move around on a map of the Western Pacific while some dude explained what was happening.

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih
WWII naval battle simulations. Last night I watched over an hour of dotted lines move around on a map of the Western Pacific while some dude explained what was happening.
That sounds awesome. I wonder if there's the same kind of thing on WWI. The Battle of the Somme would be pretty neat.

whiskeyguy

Donator
That sounds awesome. I wonder if there's the same kind of thing on WWI. The Battle of the Somme would be pretty neat.
Unfortunately there aren't a lot of them, at least in this style.

The craziest thing was ships and every groups getting within 100 miles of each other and not knowing it.

Last edited:

Atomic Fireball

Donator
Here's a good channel. First we have William Shatner in an all-Esperanto horror movie.

Next up is a jap propaganda cartoon about bombing Pearl Harbor with Bluto as the villain

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
I remember seeing a cardsleeved version of that Incubus DVD in dollar stores. Only someone as full of himself as Shatner could be tempted into such crap as a film in esperanto.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
A tsunami tragically killed over 200 people in Indonesia today. On the bright side, there may be vids. I like a good tsunami vid.

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih
A tsunami tragically killed over 200 people in Indonesia today. On the bright side, there may be vids. I like a good tsunami vid.
I saw a short one where a band is playing and then gets hit by the wave. A bunch of people died, but the video was pretty shitty so it was even sadder.

whiskeyguy

Donator
I'm watching videos off unsolved missing person cases in national parks. There are dozens of videos about these, and by themselves they're captivating.

That said, the comments are the real rabbit hole. I had no idea it was such a common belief that national parks were created to funnel test subjects/victims/food/whatever to either aliens or underground creatures that the government knows about and is working with.

One creepy fact I learned is that "Yosemite", which has had a lot of disappearances, translates to "those who kill" or something like that.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
I'm watching videos off unsolved missing person cases in national parks. There are dozens of videos about these, and by themselves they're captivating.

That said, the comments are the real rabbit hole. I had no idea it was such a common belief that national parks were created to funnel test subjects/victims/food/whatever to either aliens or underground creatures that the government knows about and is working with.

One creepy fact I learned is that "Yosemite", which has had a lot of disappearances, translates to "those who kill" or something like that.
And "Yellowstone" translates to " yellow stone" which explains all the Asian stoning deaths there.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$

A few years ago the feds finally lifted the firearms ban (self defense carry) in the national parks, always fear the two legged animals. I’ve been to a few of the parks and even Assitigue while not overly large, it’s kind of “un regulated” and it’s rare to see rangers. It’s illigal as hell for me to carry in Maryland but I do keep my kel tec 9mm in my truck tucked in the seats, there are some weird ass people out there

THE FEZ MAN

Car videos for me. Been watching a lot of Doug Demuro and Hoovies Garage.
Lol, me too, doug used to live in philly so on his test drives I usually knew exactly where he was, Hoovie is just a nitwit with someof the shit he buys, the other guy is travarge (sp) he’s the guy that bought hoovies burned up Ferrari

Opie&JimmyShow

Donator
Lol, me too, doug used to live in philly so on his test drives I usually knew exactly where he was, Hoovie is just a nitwit with someof the shit he buys, the other guy is travarge (sp) he’s the guy that bought hoovies burned up Ferrari
Hoovie is very entertaining. I love how fascinated Doug is bu the features on old cars from the 70's. He is shocked that a '76 Eldorado has cupholders and cruise control. I haven't seen a Ferrari update yet. The Wizard is the best. He should have his own show.

Sent from your Mom's box.

THE FEZ MAN

Hoovie is very entertaining. I love how fascinated Doug is bu the features on old cars from the 70's. He is shocked that a '76 Eldorado has cupholders and cruise control. I haven't seen a Ferrari update yet. The Wizard is the best. He should have his own show.

Sent from your Mom's box.
The wizard does have his own show, but sadly it sucks, his dead pan delivery, which works great contrasting hoovie the nitwit, doesn’t translate well by its self. Doug is funny, I like how he tries to fold himself into the rear seats of coups that were never intended for any passengers along with the way he describes the interiors

LiddyRules

Regional Sales Rep for Fontaine Fish Finder

Those are fascinating. This won't be the reason for every disappearance, or even most of them, but I do believe that sometimes people are so overcome by the enormity of nature that they will kill themselves at places like that, similar to people being lured into the waters by the siren's song. It's not out of depression or sadness or any 'negative' emotion - it's more the opposite of any of those things, but I can't do justice to the feeling I'm thinking of.

Sometimes when I watch HD footage of the untouched vistas from a really cold place like Alaska, the Arctic, whatever, all I can think is "I want to die there." I figure it'll be either there or hanging myself in the closet of a studio apartment that looks like it came out of a 1976 flophouse district.

On that note, I find the burial at sea eulogy line "when the seas shall give up her dead" to be one of the most beautiful pieces of imagery I ever heard.

THE FEZ MAN

Those are fascinating. This won't be the reason for every disappearance, or even most of them, but I do believe that sometimes people are so overcome by the enormity of nature that they will kill themselves at places like that, similar to people being lured into the waters by the siren's song. It's not out of depression or sadness or any 'negative' emotion - it's more the opposite of any of those things, but I can't do justice to the feeling I'm thinking of.

Sometimes when I watch HD footage of the untouched vistas from a really cold place like Alaska, the Arctic, whatever, all I can think is "I want to die there." I figure it'll be either there or hanging myself in the closet of a studio apartment that looks like it came out of a 1976 flophouse district.

On that note, I find the burial at sea eulogy line "when the seas shall give up her dead" to be one of the most beautiful pieces of imagery I ever heard.
Do you want me to send you a rope? I’ve got amazon prime, I will even spring for same day delivery

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih

I have felt the pull.

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
Last night I was in a loop of people pulled over and playing the "I'm a sovereign citizen and don't need to show you my license and insurance" Jedi-mind trick act with the police.

Spoiler alert: It never ends well for them

whiskeyguy

Donator

I have felt the pull.
This. The "pull of the void" is very real, and I've definitely experienced it at Yosemite, especially above the 5,000' cliffs of Glacier and Taft points. For me it's the possibility that my brain could impulsively send a signal to my feet to jump, and before I realize what's happening it's too late. There's nothing suicidal about it, it's just being on the edge of certain death. Or you just get the urge to disappear into the forest for a bit.

There's also what I call the "Disneyland Effect". Because you pay to get in at a gate, and there are stores, rangers, and tour buses around, people get a false sense of security and forget how dangerous everything is. So they go swimming in what seems like a calm pool, only to be dragged by the current over a 400' waterfall a quarter mile downriver. Or they get too close to that cliff for a nice selfie, or
they leave the trail to hike over to a nice lake, get turned around, and end up walking two miles the wrong way. Hell, even walking into the woods to take a piss during the night can get you lost.

And yeah, the wilderness in these parks can be so humbling down to the core of your soul that you feel lost. Standing alone looking out over 100 miles of the Sierra Nevada's, or seeing the stars without city lights at 10,000' for the first time can really screw with your sense of purpose and place in the world.