Zeitgeist. Very interesting film.

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
May 25, 2005
Stanhope posted this in a bulletin on MySpace and I started watching it.

I'm about 15 minutes in and so far it's very interesting.

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Not quite sure yet what the overall 2 hour long gist of the film is, but so far it's explaining how religion is all bullshit. At first, due to the poor production coupled with the unnecessarily long introduction, I thought I'd be bored out of my mind. It hooked me right before I hit X and left the page. Now I think this will keep me busy for a couple hours :p

ShooterMcGavin

May 25, 2005
I'm now 43 minutes in and they are discussing 9/11 and the conspiracy behind it. So far it seems as if they are supporting the conspiracy theory, and though I'm reluctant to keep watching, it's still kind of interesting. I don't believe that 9/11 was a conspiracy, but if this video keeps its consistency with facts, it might be something to look into. I hated the Loose Change video, which has been argued very well by that "lolloosechange" site or whatever its called, so it's kind of hard to watch this part of the movie.

Still, interesting shit.

*EDIT*

Alright, they are touching on the whole, "THE PLANE COULDNT HAVE DESENTEGRATED, THERE WAS NO PLANE" pentagon thing, failing to show the pictures of the engines and plane parts that were found. But I'll still watch the whole video, as it seems 9/11 is just one chapter of the film.

ShooterMcGavin

May 25, 2005
Jesus saves! This introduction is killing me!
Introduction is a tad long, but on the google vid. description it tells you where to skip to for each chapter.

Part I starts a few minutes in.

ShooterMcGavin

May 25, 2005
Now I'm almost through with it and it's talking about a conspiracy forming a one world government, right now unknown to the people. Mexico, Canada, and the US form a union much like EU and African Union, then Asian Union will form, and eventually, OH NO, A ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!!!!

Wait....how is a one world government a bad thing? Guess I should stop bitching and keep watching.

I just had to stop the vid and mention that, because I actually said out loud to myself, as soon as the "ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT" appeared on the screen with dramatic music..."WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THAT?"

Liberals are a strange bunch.

ShooterMcGavin

May 25, 2005
OK, just watched the whole thing.

A lot of it is stupid hippie agenda, but a lot of it is also scary.

I think this video is making things seem worse than they actually are, and the Jimi Hendrix quote completely turned me off at the end.

Still, very interesting.

OK, so here's basically what the movie says.

1: Religion is myth based on ancient astronomy and is a way to control stupid people.
-No argument there.

2. WW1, WW2, The Depression, Vietnam, and 9/11 were created by governments in order to manipulate the public into going to war so that the banks can make money.
-Eh, this is where it kinda turned me off. Yeah, it had some scary points, but as with every hippie liberal agenda driven video, a lot of biased editing was done, so it's hard to truly hold every point as fact. Still, worth looking into.

3. Banks control the world, and eventually we will have one world government that controls people with microchips implanted in our brains.
- Yeah...wait, what? That's a tad extreme, don't you think? People might be stupid, but with the new generation of brainwashed liberal college students, I doubt that anyone would let that happen.

This is definitely a hippie film. I agree with everything said about religion, but only partially agree with what was said about the government. I fully support the alleged union of North America, as well as the alleged world government, so long as a bill of rights is in effect. I have no idea why this asshole decided to quote a bunch of hippies talking about love over power. THE REVOLUTION IS NOW!!! Really? What revolution? You want to bring the world into anarchy because you have some stupid point to prove?

The film can be summarized like this: good point, good point, fact, fact, liberal bias edited facts, hippie quotes, invalid point, invalid point, hippie quotes, over dramatized irrelevant hippie agenda statement.

He gets you going, then goes crazy with the hippie shit. The hook in the beginning is irrelevant. In fact, in the end, he doesn't say why part I of the film has any relevance to parts II and III. It was simply something to get you hooked into watching.

ezstevey

hoarding tender sentiments
Apr 18, 2005
Tallahassee, FL
I saw this flick a few weeks ago and thought it was very interesting

As far as your critique, consolidation of power is pretty much always for the benefit of a few folks at the expense of the masses, elementary concept obviously

ShooterMcGavin

May 25, 2005
As far as your critique, consolidation of power is pretty much always for the benefit of a few folks at the expense of the masses, elementary concept obviously
True, but if they are smart enough to do that shit without the majority figuring it out, I say way to go. :p

Hippies say evil. Hippies say corruption in power. I say genius.

Fruit Monkey

Don't stare at it eat it! P-1 In trainning
Oct 4, 2004
Intransit
Stanhope posted this in a bulletin on MySpace and I started watching it.

I'm about 15 minutes in and so far it's very interesting.
15 minutes shit was that just the fucking opening credits?

that voice that fucking voice is that the Sept. 11 douche bag? sounds like him

ShooterMcGavin

May 25, 2005
15 minutes shit was that just the fucking opening credits?
a few minutes after the intro was over, actually :p

Yeah the intro is a tad long, but it starts getting interesting about 8 minutes in.

Fruit Monkey

Oct 4, 2004
Intransit
ok im at part 2 and it is that 9-11 douche bag uggggg

Ok he had me until now

I assume if i felt that way about religion i would call the 1st part bull shit

but dude enough with the they did covert tnt installation at night and hid the wires from about 30,000 plus workers a day! yea im sure 2,000 plus people said ill die for this i wont tell no one about the wires and tnt i see in my desk

ugg

Fruit Monkey

Oct 4, 2004
Intransit
he suckered me in ......i so dont want a chip in me,
may 08 id card????

Ok so my uncle is a professor and CPA i asked him about the dont pay tax thing, as a student does every year and he says this to me. SO DONT PAY THEN GO TO JAIL. then what ? What Al Capones lawyers werent as smart as this kid with An aplle laptop and free time is?

I dont know he lost me on the 9-11 shit and well after seeing some things im kinda want to flip flop here so many things are true and yet seem so so so far fetched what do u call real and what do u call a kid with to much free time

heres a micheal moore do a movie for us not to pay Federal income tax as STATE TAX i know by living and working in said state u agree to pay said states taxes that is a states law

theo

Mar 9, 2005
I watched it earlier tonight after seeing the Stanhope link on myspace, i liked it enough.
on a side note, I'm a tough cookie when it comes to war footage of the dead and really anything gruesome, but in the long ass intro there is a small clip of 2 Vietnamese kids and their dead mom and the little 2 year old boy is losing it..., broke my damn heart, I'm still feeling sick over it. i have little kids and the kid factor of war really fucks with me in a big way.

ShooterMcGavin

May 25, 2005
he suckered me in ......i so dont want a chip in me,
may 08 id card????

Ok so my uncle is a professor and CPA i asked him about the dont pay tax thing, as a student does every year and he says this to me. SO DONT PAY THEN GO TO JAIL. then what ? What Al Capones lawyers werent as smart as this kid with An aplle laptop and free time is?

I dont know he lost me on the 9-11 shit and well after seeing some things im kinda want to flip flop here so many things are true and yet seem so so so far fetched what do u call real and what do u call a kid with to much free time

heres a micheal moore do a movie for us not to pay Federal income tax as STATE TAX i know by living and working in said state u agree to pay said states taxes that is a states law
Yeah the 9/11 thing definitely lost me. No way that was a controlled demo. 2 explosions don't bring down a 100 story building. You need a lot of explosives and a well timed sequence.

Oct 5, 2004
jersey
*bump* just watched this after it was mentioned on the show today.

I found the first chapter on religion to be the most interesting.. how that ties into the rest of the movie though, doesn't make sense.

chapter 2 on 9/11 is basically rehashing the loose change and fahrenheit 911 theories to which i'm "eh" on.

chapter 3 could be completely legitimate but who knows.. it's not shocking that corrupt, rich, privately owned entities basically have ran this country forever.

however the ending is very disappointing and also contradicts itself.. if the "one world government" conspiracy were to happen, wouldn't that bring peace to the world?

the whole movie is a lot to take in and certainly raises some new interesting ideas, and although i'm not quite sure what the agenda is supposed to be, it's probably the best conspiracy film i've seen.

also, if the man wants everyone to be dumb and in fear, why have they allowed the internet to become what it has, where millions of people can see one guy's movie that would be revealing their whole plan?

SKRI

Oct 26, 2007
I live in a big rectangle
just watched it, very cool stuff about the similarities of christ and everyone else and the whole zodialogical pattern, I was kinda hoping for more than that instead of 911 conspiracy stuff.