'Zombie Pandemic' class now offered at Michigan State

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpps/news/offbeat/zombie-pandemic-to-become-online-university-class-dpgonc-20120307-to_18417452

Video in link

(NewsCore) - This spring, Michigan State University will offer an online course entitled "Surviving the Coming Zombie Apocalypse: Catastrophes & Human Behavior."

What's more, students who enroll in the class in the Department of Social Work can pick up two credits after they flesh out the assignment.

According to a class summary offered by instructor Glenn Stutzky, the course "begins and ends with a Catastrophic Event Simulation (a Coronal Mass Ejection Incident has caused a Zombie pandemic).

"Students are assigned into Survivor Groups located throughout the United States and must face the challenges of living and surviving together during a catastrophic event."

During the May 14-June 28 session, Stutzky adds, "We will examine major catastrophic events from the past, look to potential future events, and consider a concept for increasing our chances of survival."

As to whether they'll survive the Zombie pandemic, the only answer seems to be: of corpse.

Watch a video created for the "Surviving the Coming Zombie Apocalypse" class.

Motor Head

HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL
Jan 23, 2006
Land of hicks and rubes.
Meh. Even though the chances of a true zombie type of pandemic ever breaking out are extremely remote, the training involved is legitimate.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Sounds like a better class then most of the libtard shit they push.

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
Somebody's desperate for money.

Jan 9, 2006
Delmar, NY
Colleges now treat students like kids in elementary school where you have to trick them into learning by disguising the lessons in games and fun. Things like this class and The Philosophy Of Harry Potter. It's sad.

Motor Head

HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL
Jan 23, 2006
Land of hicks and rubes.
Zombie studies = Gender studies
Neither will mean a job of doing anything other then asking people if they would like to know what the daily specials are.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
You're not majoring in zombie pandemic, you're just taking a class in it. If you want to major in Monster Studies, that's different and far more awesome.

bill333

Go Screw!
Mar 23, 2005
Orange County,NY - Hudson Valley
Makes me giggle just knowing there are books and classes for this topic.

I finally saw the remake of "Dawn of the Dead" and was thinking, this changes EVERYTHING about zombies I grew up seeing. "28 Days later" was bad enough but now they are rethinking how zombies will move? I haven't seen any of "The Walking Dead" and want to know if they move slow or if there are some that move fast?

Fast zombies scare me. I need time!!

Fustercluck

Jul 25, 2005
FEMA Region 9
I took a semester of the circus while at FSU, some of the most fun i've ever had "learning", though i have yet to use my trapeze skills in my adult life :(. I'd sign up for for zombie class for the same reason, its a goof class for credits that lest you blow off a little steam and break up the serious classes.

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
I took a semester of the circus while at FSU, some of the most fun i've ever had "learning", though i have yet to use my trapeze skills in my adult life :(. I'd sign up for for zombie class for the same reason, its a goof class for credits that lest you blow off a little steam and break up the serious classes.
Like engilsh?

LilJimmyRbinson

Best muppet ever
Nov 19, 2004
RI
Makes me giggle just knowing there are books and classes for this topic.

I finally saw the remake of "Dawn of the Dead" and was thinking, this changes EVERYTHING about zombies I grew up seeing. "28 Days later" was bad enough but now they are rethinking how zombies will move? I haven't seen any of "The Walking Dead" and want to know if they move slow or if there are some that move fast?

Fast zombies scare me. I need time!!
Fast zombies scare me too. Think about it...they don't run out of breath, they can just run forever.

I took a 2 credit Bowling class in college so this doesn't bother me one bit.