Zombieland (TV Series)

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/04/...eal-this-time?abthid=517152d822adc1b14b00000c

Watch it for free on Amazon.

Warning: It's bad. Really bad. It's not good. Shouldn't have been made. It's based off the movie characters. Example of the Bad: Tallahassee has no accent. I tapped out at 7:30. Painful.
There are three or four they have... one stars John Goodman..I think called Alpha House...another with Bebe Neuwirth called Browsers, and another called Onion News Empire with Jeffery Tambor, along with others..the trailers are here: http://www.imdb.com/trailers?ref_=nb_mv_6_tr

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Just watched Alpha House..and I liked it. It's by Garry Trudeau of Doonesbury and Mr Jane Pauley fame. I was favorably surprised by cameo and the fact that Mr Kelly Ripa was actually pretty good in it...I voted for it.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Looked up the cast on IMDB. I want to clown punch this whore:
Unlike her character in
Mean Girls 2, she was bullied in school. Bullies gave her the nickname "My Twigga", a take on her name Maiara (pronounced "MY-Ah-Da"), as she was teased for being small and skinny.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Those skinny girls really have it rough in high school...

Oct 16, 2008
As awful as those shows probably are, I like how they have all the pilots to watch. In this day and age, you'd think every network would throw every pilot online to see what people would actually watch before picking a show up for 13 episodes. If not online, pick one week in the summer and air them. Then take comments online or something.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
As I said, Alpha House is probably the best..Onion is ok Absurdist Comedy.

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
The crazy thing is these actors made bank. But they looked like they shot these things on a VHS camcorder. Alphas was hack. It's like every bad political joke you'd expect Rachel Maddow to be ghost writing it. Oh the Latino Senator sleeps around, the Republican senator from the western frontier state is really gay. John Goodman and the black Senator were decent, but the rest of it was drivel.

Zombieland is not even worth talking about. How does this crap have four stars? The main kid is decent, the rest are horrible. They should of done it where other survivors find the lessons written down in the movie and try to survive by using them. Instead you just spend the entire time comparing some ugly girl to Emma Stone and some guy acting like he thinks Woody Harrelson would.

The musical is trash. The Onion is funny in an absurd way. I thought Betas was probably the best one, mostly because of the supporting cast, but the lead guy is totally gay when he shouldn't be, he spends half his acting skills trying to hide it. The pilot about the teachers is meh, not horrible, but not that good.

Overall I was pretty disappointed with all of them, I was expecting a lot more.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
The crazy thing is these actors made bank. But they looked like they shot these things on a VHS camcorder. Alphas was hack. It's like every bad political joke you'd expect Rachel Maddow to be ghost writing it. Oh the Latino Senator sleeps around, the Republican senator from the western frontier state is really gay. John Goodman and the black Senator were decent, but the rest of it was drivel.

Zombieland is not even worth talking about. How does this crap have four stars? The main kid is decent, the rest are horrible. They should of done it where other survivors find the lessons written down in the movie and try to survive by using them. Instead you just spend the entire time comparing some ugly girl to Emma Stone and some guy acting like he thinks Woody Harrelson would.

The musical is trash. The Onion is funny in an absurd way. I thought Betas was probably the best one, mostly because of the supporting cast, but the lead guy is totally gay when he shouldn't be, he spends half his acting skills trying to hide it. The pilot about the teachers is meh, not horrible, but not that good.

Overall I was pretty disappointed with all of them, I was expecting a lot more.
I liked Alpha house and Onion. Mind you Alpha is written by the guy who spent decades doing Doonesbury..I think I may have liked it because it reminded me of the comic a bit character wise....I think John Goodman's character might actually be a lifting of one of the characters from the comic itself, as is the Bill Murray character.

Apr 12, 2003
really wanted zombieland tv show not to suck. so disappointing.

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
I liked Alpha house and Onion. Mind you Alpha is written by the guy who spent decades doing Doonesbury..I think I may have liked it because it reminded me of the comic a bit character wise....I think John Goodman's character might actually be a lifting of one of the characters from the comic itself, as is the Bill Murray character.
Bill Murray cameo was pretty great. I do admit it's a great concept. My sister lives in DC on the hill and is neighbors with some of these houses filled with freshmen congressmen and it sounds pretty funny, she's told me about seeing them screaming at each other over who has to shovel the steps, little shit, that you think the people who run our country shouldn't be fighting over. Maybe I just expected too much from it.